Tim Faith is an attorney admitted to the Maryland bar in 2008. Prior to entering private practice as an attorney in 2009, Tim spent ten years managing information technology services for a health center in Maryland. He focuses his practice on technology issues that intersect with legal ones, such as:
- negotiating contracts for technology implementations
- ensuring regulatory compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- copyright, trademark, and intellectual property matters
- business/corporate law matters.
Tim graduated from the University of Baltimore Law School, magna cum laude, and also holds a bachelor’s degree in Fine Art from the Maryland Institute College of Art, where he majored in painting.
In his past life, Tim developed internet applications and designed reporting systems based on complex requirements for a variety of users. He also has extensive experience with local and wide area networks, implementing and maintaining commercial information systems, information security, disaster recovery & business continuity, and end user support. Tim is also a proud iPhone user.
Tim is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, the Baltimore City Bar Association, the Baltimore County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and is active on a number of listservs for intellectual property and technology issues. Tim also serves as a pro bono attorney for the Maryland Lawyers for the Arts. Please contact MLA to determine if you are eligible for pro bono services.
Since entering into private practice, Tim has worked on numerous matters involving commercial contracts, business incorporation, civil appeals, estate planning and litigation. You can read more about Tim on Avvo.com by clicking here. No pending litigation is listed below.
Practice Highlights 2009-2014
- Represented a number of businesses in filing and prosecuting trademark registrations before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represented several small businesses on a wide variety of contract matters, including drafting independent contractor agreements, intellectual property transfer and assignment agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, operating agreements, sales agreements and other related contracts.
- Represented a health practice in litigating a breach of contract matter involving the installation and implementation of an electronic health record system. Both matters were successfully settled.
- Represented the personal representatives of several estates of decedents in Baltimore County and Baltimore City through administrative probate.
- Represented a business technology client in drafting consulting, independent contractor, and non-disclosure agreements, with a view to avoiding litigation.
- Represented a business technology client in drafting standard Terms of Service and an online contract for online membership services for an online niche dating service.
- Represented an individual to prosecute a name change petition to successful conclusion.
- Represented a number of individuals in assisting them to properly form their Maryland limited liability company or corporation, including drafting operating/shareholders agreements & bylaws and advising them on licensing, tax accounts, and related start-up issues.
- Represented a residential landlord in a failure to pay rent matter. Successfully obtained judgment against the defendant tenants and was able to partly execute on the judgment through post-judgment enforcement procedures.
- Represented a health care business in evaluating and selecting an electronic health record system, including contracting with the technology vendor. We were able to successfully negotiate a contract favorable to the client.
- Represented a client in a Court of Special Appeals interlocutory appeal. We were successful in obtaining a reversal of the order entered by the circuit court.
- Represented a client in a writ of mandamus action that was ultimately appealed to the Court of Special Appeals in a reported opinion. We were unsuccessful in obtaining a writ of mandamus in the matter.
- Represented a physician in the negotiation a multi-year employment agreement with a hospital system.
- Represented a commercial jeweler in a replevin action, including a record appeal from a dismissal of the matter by the district court on the grounds of res judicata. As a result, jeweler was awarded possession of the jewelry against the defendant, and the jewelry ultimately was returned to the jeweler.
- Represented numerous clients in the drafting of Maryland wills, powers of attorney, and health care agent/advance directives.
We don’t always win, but we make a genuine effort to advance your interests. Contact us if we can be of assistance to you.
Current Resume – 2014 for a copy of Tim’s professional resume.